Tuesday, June 23, 2009

house hunting

For the past five weekends, my parents and I have been looking for a condo, house, or town house to buy to get me out of the hood. I'm not exactly sure why since I never told them about the guy who jumped on the hood of my car at the stop sign near my house, begging for my phone number. But for some odd reason they don't think I am safe in the hood. I went along with it for two weeks thinking they would get flustered and annoyed with the concept of me moving, but they still insist. I love the fact that they want me safe and are willing to help me out and all that good stuff, but with dad and mom both not working, I kinda worry about them having enough money for the many many prescriptions they have for old people ailments. Plus I was hoping to get them a decent nursing home at some point, you know one that actually turns them over enough to not get bed sores. However i see their point, I am the only kid left, I may actually provide them with a grandchild at some point, although I think the lizards are good enough. I would be closer to them (uhhh yeah) and closer to work. It makes sense. I would get to paint my own rooms which would be cool. So our agent is named Cesar brown. He is awesome. We have known his for about 30 years, he's super nice and always remembers us since my dog chased him four blocks down the street snarling and barking while he tried to innocently leave us a tomato plant one summer. He is also pretty forgiving since I caught my dog before she found out what dark meat tasted like. Since I will be the one living there he wanted my requirements. so I told him, #1. bottom floor unit (stairs inside okay, but none outside) I happen to be uncoordinated as a drunk penguin, carpeted stairs are better to fall down than cement stairs, trust me I know. #2. washer and dryer (not that I don't enjoy spending hours at my parents house faking sleep so mom ends up doing my laundry, but it would be nice not to.) #3. patio area big enough to have a small dog (I like big dogs, but, I wouldn't want a large dog confined to a small yard, Big dogs = large turds.) #4. next door to wealthy single fire fighters who like fat chicks with commitment issues and don't mind washing my car shirtless. So far ceaser has found many many condos that full fill my first three requirements, however the 4th one seems to be giving us problems. We did put a bid on a townhouse today, I signed a bunch of papers I didn't understand but since the parents did too, I figured if I'm screwed they are too. It's a two bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath. It's pretty much the same set up as what I have now only in a better area. bedrooms upstairs, laundry upstairs and full bath upstairs. Living room and kitchen down stairs as is the 1/2 bath downstairs. It's cute enough. I like it. It's next door to a woman who has thirty five different versions of the last supper in her windows....nothing says welcome home like guilt. lol. But there are four more bids on the town house, so I'm not getting my hopes up. And if we don't get it, I'm sure there will be another one just as good or better...maybe next to a fire station! LOL

2 comments:

grandmaj said...

Hey Alison , you haven't posted about what happened about the condo you looked at. give us an update. tell those old folks you hang out with ( mom&dad) helo. love aunt janet

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

Hey Auntie J, yeah I'm about to post about it. It's been a crazy last few weeks.