Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Vacation

Summer vacation has started. I made so many plans. I wanted to hang out with all my other pals. Natalia and her brother Rodrigo are un-employed so they have lots of time on their hands. However, everytime we make plans somthing comes up and we end up trying another day. Rob and I made plans as well, but he ended up having training on all the days he had off. I have been pretty desprate for somthing to do, besides clean the house and stalk Edward Cullen on the internet. I have managed to read 7 books in about 2 weeks. I hang out with the parents playing scrabble at the coffee shop. We sit out side and play so mom can work on her tan. Apparently the natural light makes it far too easy for my mom to pin point all my grey hairs and my new wrinkles. Sending me into a spiral of self doubt and fear. I end up making an apointment to dye my hair and research the prices of botox. gurrrrr.....
At least I have Jelly-Bean. He doesn't seem to care what I look like. bonus points for him! He has managed to worm his way deeper into our hearts. Honestly I always liked the stupid bird, but now it borders on obsesive. We buy him toys off the internet, the bird gets more mail and packages than we do. He has a place on the couch between us. He has the run of the house, he climbs off his cage and hops to us when he wants to cuddle. He even took over the blanket Auntie Elaine gave me for x-mas! If we try to use it, he hightails it over to the couch and climbs up the blanket and burrows under it! He drinks my orange juice and my coffee when I'm not looking. We even rent him bird movies from discovery channel. When Rob comes home from work, the bird gets kissed first, when I come home from work the bird gets kissed first. It's finally dawned on us, we are parents. I don't know how it happened, he was suposed to be a pet, he was suposed to be something that we just feed and ignore. Now we have a bird car seat, seed on the floor, special blankets for him and extra money spent on ways to entertain him. So even though I will never have to save for a college fund or bail money and I don't need to buy clothing, I will never need to bring cup cakes to his class for his birthday....I have a kid, he just has feathers. I can't even blame my stretch marks on him. On that note, I gotta go, someone needs sunflower seeds and fresh bathwater....

No comments: