Tuesday, March 17, 2009

adventures of my hair and Nate update

So Saturday I had a hair appointment in Livermore, it's quite a drive from Hayward, but I take back roads and drive through a canyon, so it's pleasent enough. I have been going to the same guy for a looon time, almost 10 years. I adore Mark. he is expensive, but he custom blends my color and lets just say that he is a wizard when it comes to my unruly mane. He is British and a hair dresser and sadly not gay, which is normaly one of my pre-requists for a male hair dresser, but the accent fools me enough. My appointment was at 2:45, it takes hours and hous to do my hair. I mean honestly it's an all day affair. I showed up early though just cuz I had nothing better to do and he took me early so that was cool. It starts with the usual pleasentries like Hello darling, how is your mantrauge (marks name for the collection of men I have) then we go through a slide show on my cell phone of pictures of various thugs, nerds,rockstars,millitary guys,dorks and the occasional stud puppies I have collected since my last visit. I don't go often cuz It runs me a cool$200.00 pluse the price of what ever product I need to keep my hair from forming a white girl afro where ever there is the slightest hint of moisture in the atmosphere. That is about 20 mins alone to catch up. Then he dissapeears for another 20 mins to mix my hair color, Now I have never seen him actually mix it, I have just seen the formula he has printed out on his sheet of paper, it looks highly complacated and flamable to me. I always imagine him in the back room, behind the closed door infront of a huge cauldren as it bubbles, stiring in various colors and herbs as well as bat wings and bunny ears or something. I have to admit it's a wicked cool color, almost black, but purple in the sun and when it begins to fade turns an aubrun with streeks of red weaved in. This man is the yoda of hair color. You have to actually make your appointments in advance for a year to get him. It's not even a posh place, he is just known for his coloring. This is why he is expensive and why I can only afford to go twice a year, and boy was I due...I'm gettin grey. mark re-emerges with a vat of what looks like crayola red pudding, and all th eold bittys in the shop freek out when he strat slopping it onto my hair. I think he enjoys that. After he gets my hair covered in the goop, he hits my widows peek and temples again, thats where I get grey. then hands me a magizine and orders me not to move. thats when I read about the entertainment wold. I never keep up on that stuff, cuz I don't care that much. But I finally figured out that mily ray cirus and hanna montana are the same person! Who knew? anyway I sit there for a while and then the timer gos off, and he makes me go to the sink where he washes my hair out and gives me a scalp masage that always makes me perpose to him, even though he's married. Then he trims my hair, chastising me for my horrid split ends, then it takes an hour to put all the products in my hair and blow dry it. then he straigh irons it for another hour taking the smallest sections of hair. then when he's done I can actually get my fingers through it and it smells purty. and I feel purty, I also have a purple forehead from the dye, but whatever. My hair is bouncy and I know I can never re-create his magic on my own so I do my best to keep it nice for a few days before I have to wash it. But after all this is done I want to go out. I feel pretty I smell nice, I have to re-do my make -up but thats done with ease. So I text Nate and ask him if he want's to hang out. he says yes, but it has to be after 10:00 p.m. hummm...okay a late dinner maybe. So i pick him up at 10:00 waiting for him to notice my hair, but it's dark and lets face it, he's a dude. So we go to Denny's cuz well thats the only thing open. He eats cheese cake. LOL I adore a man who eats desert, and I am having my porky goodness sandwhich and I ate it guilt free. It was fun. I had net flix at my house so we came back to my place to watch the locker (a japanese horror flick) we had fun cuddling on the couch and sneeking kisses, like old times. I missed him a lot. I asked him what time he had to be at work cuz I knew he worked nights and it was getting late and he told me he had gotten laid off. I felt so bad. everyone is getting laid off and the whole reason he was seeing me again was cuz he felt worthy cuz he had a job now. Crud. Poor guy. he asked to watch another movie, I told him it was late and I was tired so I was gonna take a shower and get in my jammies and we can pull a movie marathon to cheer him up. By the time I came downstairs he was fast asleep on my couch cozied up in my pirates blanket. he looked so flippin' cute. I snapped a pic with my cell phone and went to upstairs to bed.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. lol the next morning I made him breakfast and took him home. He says next week we should go for icecream. I'm so down for ice cream!

4 comments:

One Crazy Family said...

Hey cous we are contemplating taking Ty and Boo to San Fran for the Cherry Blossom Festival. I went last year and it was very cool. We will keep you posted in cause you want to meet and say hi someplace. It somewhat depends on the sis-in-law finding cheap airfare and if we can convince grandpa and grandma to watch the other two.

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

that would be so fun!!! let me know, I'm so down to go. plus I'm sure my dad would wanna grab dinner with you guys too.

Tantalum said...

Guys around the world thank you for realizing Nate's a guy, and cutting him some slack for not noticing your hair.

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

he's also a guy cuz he hasn't called me or texted me in a week! I'm thinkin about dumping him this time. LOL