Monday, March 9, 2009

The past re-serfaces......and a bread beating.

So I haven't heard for David (the algerian) for about 3 weeks are so. I figured he lost interest so I might as well move on, plenty of other guys to chase, capture and then release. So Friday I get a text message from a number I don't know. It says whatcha doing right now? Of course since I don't know the number and I don't know who it is I answer: depends who are you? Turns out it was Nate...(yummmy) So i told him I was just getting off work and he calls me. He wants to go have coffee. It seems harmless enough, yeah I still have underlying feelings for the guy who got away (before I was through) and his silky voice can pretty much ask me for the world and I would bust my butt to give it to him, and those blue eyes (which oddly enough I never liked blue eyes) can melt my heart and give me butterflys (a.k.a bubble guts) in my tummy. and I have never stopped thinking about him or wishing we had more time together. So aginst my better judgement.....no wait scratch that, I totally agreed to go to coffee with him with out a second thought. In fact I couldn't have been more excited to have coffee with him. The thought of getting to spend an afternoon sitting out side in the warm spring air across from the hottest chunk of man sounded like sheer perfection to me. Another chace to hear his voice, smell his after shave, see his handsome face and possibly taste his....oh wait Hi Boo. I mean taste coffee. I picked him up from his house and his dad came out to talk to me a bit. Just catching up and saying he missed having me over for sunday dinners. (me too dude, food at other people's houses always taste good) Nate came out of the house, and apparently had taken a shower cuz he was still putting his shirt on when he got to my car. I could still see the beads of water running down his huge chest and strong arms. (freekin tourture!) I had to act strong, like the sight of him didn't affect me in the least, I was loosing the battel within and it showed on my face. Nate had the biggest grin I had ever seen him have. He was playing dirty, he was wearing the aftershave that I had givin him because it smelled so good when it mingled with his natural sent, the smell drives me insane. He was playing verrrry dirty. This was going to be war and I knew it. what kind of crap was he gonna pull on me today? He leand twards me to give me a kiss on the lips, and I turned my head in time so he got my cheek insted.....I can play dirty too. I had just gotten off work and wasn't wearing any of my man catchin' gear. So I was at a disadvantage. Hair pulled into a tight pony tail, conservitive clothing and no perfume (due to student allergies). My make-up worse for the wear from wrestling with an autistic kid who had a ruler and was hitting himself with it. Nice. I was going to have to use my witty charm, sense of humor and conversation skills as well as my underlying sex appeal, I was screwed, I have non of those, I have big chi chi's and green eyes. When I denyed his mouth kiss, his body stiffened and he looked away. So I put my hand on his sholder and he looked at me and I gave him enough smile so he knew I was interested but not how much. He took an intake of breath and started to talk to me. He said he missed me and thought about me everyday (okay, so did I, but can't tell HIM that) He said he would promise to give me a kitchen dance to no music everyday if I would see him again or be his girlfriend. (we kitchen danced all the time) He said that now that he is employed he would feel like he could take care of me (really don't need that from a man, I need someone to take out my trash and reach things on the top shelf, the rest I can handle) He said that he felt worthy of my company now that he works for U.P.S. Apparently I give out a vibe that says take care of me and I'm better than you. Figures. I told him Iwould think about it. Then I dropped him off at home. I know it sounds kinda harsh after he pretty much poured his heart out, but honestly, Not only do I need to think about it, but I kinda wanna make him suffer and squirm a bit. I'm sure thats one of the many reasons I am single I am quite vengeful. So I went home and got ready to go to a movie with my friends, the whole time I was getting ready I thought about it. I did like him a lot, more than anyone I have dated since my ex Johnny who I lived with for 3 years. I do still have feelings for nate. Should I dare try again? Natalia will be ticked off if me and nate see eachother again and I can't hide the fact from her, she's pretty much my sister, no one other than Karen knows me the way she does. She will know somethings up if I don't tell her. I waited till sunday to inform Natalia that I wanted to try dating Nate again. I picked a public place, the grocery store, lots of people so she can't yell, next to the marsh mellows so if she threw things at me I wouldn't feel pain. It's funny to watch a brazllian turn diffrent shades of red and pink, it's amazing to watch a latin woman try to control her anger and it's scary as heck when you know the skinny ball of south american frustration can out run you while holding a 3 foot long loaf of hard french bread and 3 bottles of wine....guess I didn't take that into consideration. I booked it down the isle passing the chocolate chips and grabbing a few packs and throwing it at her feet to trip her up plus I know she has p.m.s so I thought the chocolate would distract her, no such luck. I turned the corner and tried to fake her out by pretending to throw a jar of pickles at her, she didn't flinch, she kept comming like one of thoose ethiopian track stars. I turned another corner and looked behind me, she was gone, I had lost her! I walked down the isle trying to catch my breath cuz I'm a fat smoker, this isn't easy. Just as I'm about to take a puff of my inhailer french bread smacks me in the back of my head, the sneeky *%#$% got me from behind and knocked my inhailer out of my hand. She backed me into the the dole canned goods, the last thing I was gonna see before I died was canned creamed corn and peas! Then at the zero hour when I thought It was all over the song changed over the loud speeker and it was the cure's friday I'm in love, her favorite song. She freeked out that her favorite song was playing in not a trendy store but the grocery store....that means she's old. few things signafy the death of your youth but the worst is hearing your favorite song, transformed into musack while your picking out a soft cheese or fussing over lettuce heads. She was broken and i was saved. I ended up hugging her and reminding her that i was older and it helped a little. She told me that if I was going to see nate that she would be okay with it, as long as I knew what I was getting into. I told her thank you but I never know what I am getting into, thats why I was givin the nick name Pandora years ago. We bought the broken loaf of bread, yet another sign of our wanning youth sice we would have got a new one and not felt guilty if we were younger. We went to her house and grandma made us pesto and oddly enough never asked why the french bread had hair on it and was broken. Apparently bread and violence are common place in the house hold. I got home later that night, washed the crumbs from my hair and went to bed, only to be awoken by a text from david (the algerian) It said, "Hello baby I miss you, when can I see you?" I turned my phone off and rolled over. I have had enough. I juggle and juggle men, refuse to commit, run away when things get serious then pout and cry when I'm not the one who breaks it off. I'm a flipping mess, and I know it. Why they keep dating me I willnever know. But I have to admit, I am having the time of my life.

going mad crazy!

No comments: