Sunday, July 26, 2009

cell phone drama,a movie, a date and a condo















Thursday night: On my house phone, talking to one of my "man friends" when I see my cell phone needs to be charged. Put the cell phone on charger and don't hear the charge tone it usually gives me. I fiddle with it and discover my charging port on my phone is loose. I figure out a way to get it to charge by wrapping the cord in a boy scout type knot to make it though the night. I'm pretty annoyed considering the phone will only be 1 year old in 2 weeks.





Friday morning: Wake up early to discover that during the night my evil house gnomes have unraveled my cell phone cord thereby denying my cell phone of it's vitality. Get up, get dressed, brush teeth, slap on make-up and drive to sprint repair store. Walk in and am instantly greeted by 3 Persian men around my age. They all went to my high school and know my ex boyfriend Johnny (oh Joy). exchange my cell phone for one with a working charge port. Drive to parents house to set my phone up (same kind of phone and same model). The phone is dialing by itself. I press a button and it dials odd numbers ending in a triple six every time. Turn new cell phone off and turn it back on in hopes that it clears up the problem. I press the volume button and the phone dials another random number ending in a triple six. Go with parents to coffee, all the while trying to get phone to work correctly. I fail. Take possessed phone back to repair shop and Persian guys and ask for a phone that is a bit less satanic. They comply and I receive yet another phone. This time in white instead of green thinking it would be less evil. It worked, go figure. Side note, one Persian guy asked me out, although quite good looking I have now developed a new rule to dating: if I need more than two marbles in my mouth to pronounce your name, we simply can't date, it's just too confusing and I like my men with TWO eyebrows, not one long bert and ernie special.





Friday night: arrive at Kat and Manual's house to have pizza and go to the opening of the movie Orphan. Enter theater and am accosted by 4 armed guards all trying to hand me posters for that g-force movie with the Guinea pigs. Gotta love the ghetto. Accept all four posters, enter movie, find seats. watch movie, laugh at scenes that aren't supposed to be funny and get embarrassed. Leave theater when movie is over abandoning four g-force posters in random seats. Receive hushed phone call from mom saying I need to come to their house. It's 10:00 p.m so it must be important. Drop off friends and high tail it to mom and dad's. Mom and dad got a phone call saying we got the condo on bluestone street in Fremont. Go home and dream of fighting over paint colors and bathroom fixtures with mom and barely sleep a wink.





Saturday morning: wake up 8:30 a.m, clan house, make coffee, throw on clothes, smack on make-up, grab laundry and show up at mom and dad's by 10:00 Ceaser (our agent) shows up five mins later. We sit around the kitchen table and sign billions of papers for this condo on Blue stone commons. Make a trip to look at the condo again, Took notes on what condo needed fixed and left for home. Dropped parents off at their house at 12:00 p.m. Remembered I had a date with the witch doctor at 1:00. I have an hour to drive home, shower, change and put nicer make-up on. Meet witch doctor at pet store and jump into his truck (apparently he has to bring a new car every date we have) He takes me to Sosalito to a nice little place for seafood and view of the bay. Takes me shopping afterwords to little shops with over priced items and various choking hazards (sweet!) annoyed that I refuse to let him buy me trinkets. We drive to sujus for coffee and get there by 6:15 p.m. We sit outside and I notice My father's shirt is hanging on the back of one of the chairs. They had been there 5 hours before and dad walked off with out his shirt and just in his under shirt AGAIN. Pick up shirt, witch doctor asks how I know it's my dad's and I sniff the collar and say I know it's my dad's shirt cuz it smells like my dad. Witch doctor is clearly grossed out by this. I roll my eyes and stuff shirt in my purse. Witch doctor then gets all republican on me and then tells me he hates kids and never wants to be a father......wow. Such a charmer, that's a great way to win a teacher over, tell me you despise children. second date FAIL. third date NOT an option. Witch doctor insists that we look at the neighborhood I will be moving into to see if it's safe or not. As we pull in there are 3 cop cars in the complex. I slyly snap a photo of the police and text mom to tell her that maybe we should reconsider our earlier paper signing extravaganza. She insists that after my date I go back to their house and we all go in my car back to the condo and see whats going on with the police. Witch doctor takes me back to my car and I think him for the interesting date and ask him to try not to run over and children on his way home. Head on over to mom and dad's, get there around 8:15 p.m. and drive by condo. there are no police anymore and I produce the picture as proof that they were indeed there. Make plans to visit complex tomorrow and mom wants to talk to the neighbors to find out if the place is nice or if the police are there often. I will be hiding in the back seat.
Us all signing the papers to the condo on blue stone commons and our awesome agent Ceaser.
Took this picture in one of the shops we went into on our date. Isn't it nice to know you can put a price on death?:)








3 comments:

Kelsey-boo said...

so wait is that the one with the firestation?

Meemer said...

i love the choking hazard sign. priceless. send that one to failblog. and the witch dr. sounds like a loser. but yay on the condo!! pictures!!!

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

sadly boo, not the one across from the fire station, so when I do set fires, I'll have to hope they have good response time.
Meemer: witch doctor is a total fail. but I'll let him buy me pretty things till another guy comes along, I have my standards and moral.LOL I'll have condo pics as soon as I get a key. LOL