Tuesday, July 21, 2009

updates on stuff....

Okay, so far we have NOT heard a darn thing on the condos we bid on, just a few letters from mortgage companies that said they looked at our credit.....and that's it. Still hoping for the one across from the fire station, but at this point I will take anything to get out of the hood. It's summer and all the kids are out till the wee hours of the morning playing ghetto tag and screaming and it's driving me batty, and not in the cool goth way I like to be batty.

So Friday night I went to see Harry potter with two couples My friends Kat and Manual and their two friends. I was supposed to bring the witch doctor as my date, but I guess he had to go caving for more crystals to heal people with or something cuz he backed out. I took a slight offence to him backing out and changed his ring tone to the witch doctor song sung by the chipmunks cuz I'm that mature. Any way, so Harry Potter was good, didn't mind being a 5th wheel so to speak. Some guy asked to sit next to me and he was pretty cute so I said yes, even though there was tons of seats that were open. I figured I was gonna totally get a phone number till that scary scene came up (not describing it for fear I will ruin it for others) and he jumped and elbowed me in my left boob. Yeah so naturally I screamed in pain, one doesn't expect their ta-tas to be abused in a movie theater......okay maybe, but not at Harry Potter! Sheesh. Clearly there was no coming back from that and when the show was over he darn near jumped the rails to get out before the lights came up. Not like I was gonna press charges, it's an honest enough mistake. But It was a fun movie and I enjoyed myself despite the elbow in my man bait.

Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. This really ticked me off, cuz I know the photo shoot was the next day. I tried to ignore it for a few hours, went and had coffee with the parentals and played some scrabble. Then went home and washed my hair for the photo shoot. I woke up Sunday feeling like that bee that gets caught on your wind shield wiper and no matter how much you spray it and swipe your wiper blades, just wont come off. That's exactly how I felt. slimy wet and pissy and a little dizzy. I picked up mom cuz I figured here's her chance to get outta the house AND see me in a dress. we grabbed coffee, deposited my vacation pay (yeah rent) and made the drive to my hair salon in Livermore. A nice scenic route though lush canyons and grape vineyards listening to Patsy Cline to get me in the mood. I still felt like crud, but we walked in and the whole place was decked out in back drops fancy hats and clothing form the 30's 40's and 50's. it was really cute. The photographer was tattooed with pin up girls all over her and a betty paige hair cute. So Naturally she was cool. I was whisked away to get my hair done in a chi chi rodrigez style. curly and long and over one eye with a black rose pinned in it on the side. That wasn't so bad, I have tons of pictures like that so no big deal. Then it was off to the make up chair, mom watching the other vict...I mean models walking around in their outfits and looking so cute. Ericka did my make-up. it's hard to watch what they are doing to you when you have to keep your eyes shut, but I felt her doing my eyebrows, so I was glad that someone dew them on or I would have a huge forehead. She applied Shadow all the way up to my eyebrows...okay that's new for me but what ever. then she glued the fake eyelashes on. and she was done. I opened my eyes to see a fat version of Joan crawford. All I needed was a wire hanger. Honestly, my brows were so thick it was crazy. Normally if I was feeling better I would have put up a fight and had her thin them out, but I felt like crud and lost my desire to do anything, but hurry it up so I can leave and go back to bed. I got into my 40's style cocktail dress and a fringed shawl and did what ever the lady taking the pictures told me to do. I hope I didn't blow it because I felt so bad but we will see next week when I go to "approve the head shots." I'm sure I will be mortified. LOL Oh well I tried. Angela showed up in time to watch the shoot and then she left when we did. When mom and I came home dad almost peed himself when I screamed no more wire hangers! I thinned out my eyebrows but was to chicken to try to rip off the eyelashes till I got to my house just in case I yelped in pain. so we went to coffee and I hid behind my sunglasses. When I got home I took off the eyelashes and it actually didn't hurt so that fear is now gone. I showered and took 3 shots of nyquil and slipped into a coma. I woke up for work on Monday at 6:00 a.m. I felt even worse, and every time I blew my nose, a un identifiable liquid shot out of my eye. ewwww. tried to apply make up and dragged my sick butt to the car. drove to work and fell asleep in the car while I was waiting for the school buses to drop off my kids. I was woken up by a co-worker who is a nurse and rolled down the window to talk to her. She said I sounded like a drag queen and was too sick to work so she made me go home and told the school principal. I called in sick on the way home. then washed off my failed attempt at make up and crawled into bed. I texted my mom (yes, I forced them to get a cell phone and taught her how to text, WIN!) to tell her I stayed home and needed a doctor's appt. I would have made the appt myself, but I'm a baby and refuse to do it because that means I admit defeat and I'm sick. She calls me back and tells me to come over and we went to the doctor. I have a wicked sinus infection and I can't go back to work till Thursday. (faking sadness) darnit! So I have been forced since yesterday to stay in Jammies and watch netflix and re-runs of America's next top model all day and text message cute guys. It's been hard. I hate being sick, but I LOVE my bed. LOL

the only cell phone shot I got at the photo shoot. Hopefully the real pictures look better. lol NO MORE WIRE HANGERS EVER!!!!!

2 comments:

grandmaj said...

I like the eyebrows, you looked good even if you didn't feel good. still hoping you find a place to hang your hat . love Aunt Janet

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

awww thanks auntie J, I hope I find a place too. before I go crazy. LOL