Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The happiest flippin' place on earth.


































































It's late, I'm tired and my feet hurt so that must mean I had a great time in disneyland! i love it when it's all decked out for x-mas! I am a sucker for the haunted mansion when it has the nightmare before x-mas theme. I love that movie. As usual Karen (commanly refered to as my wife) set up dinner at the blue byeu restraunt inside the pirates of the carribian ride. This restraunt is famous for the monte cristo sandwich and mint julips. Yummy! My friend works in the hotel across the street from disneyland and he and his wife were our personal tourguides once again and made sure we learned the tricks to getting exactly what we wanted all the time. My friend is a Marine I met when I lived in japan so I call him by his last name: Register. register and his wife Vanessa and his son, hold premium passes to the park, we get a lot of bonuses with that little card. Karen and I only have the delux passes. we had 15% off of all perchaces, including food, free parking in prefered lots, and special seating for any event including fantasma. I love having a hook up where ever I go. LOL! The only draw back was, I am a huge chicken and hate the scary rides. karen loves the scary rides. So when a scary ride is what she wants, she and register and vanessa go on it while I sit with the stroller and watch register and Vanessa's son Samual. Sam hates me. I don't know why. He's 1 year old. Can you really sense evil that young? anyway so they go on splash moutain (yeah like I'm going to walk around wet, hair frizzed out and make-up compermised...so not gonna happen) so I push the stroller like a battering ram through the crowd and find a bench and sit and wait. I turn the stroller around so I can see th kid, and he figures out mom and dad are gone and I am going to eat him or something and he starts screaming like a howler monkey. I am not even touching him! I try talking to him, he gets louder, I try offering him money and toys, doesn't work. I tried handing him cherrios and gold fish crackers, he throws them at me. Then I try picking him up, he struggles in my arms and screams so loud the whole park stops and stares at me. Clearly The child hates me for some unknown reason and I don't know what to do about it. I would have checked his diaper but everytime I got near him he would make another unpleasent noise. I was at a loss. I just stared at him as he cried defeated. Then a perfect stranger sits down next to me and says someone needs a nap. I turn to him and say "yeah i do, but I'm stuck with this kid." and the strager laughes (what? I was serious) Samual sees the strange man and shuts up and strts laughing at him and holding his arms out to him so he would pick him up. Really!!!!! what the heck? this kid has seen me all day and hates me, this dude just sits down and he's some sort of baby whisperer?! I beg him to stay on the bench with me. He asks to hold Sam. Uhhhhh, I'm not sure what the rules are about letting strangers touch children that arn't mine, but common sense says: ehhhhh no. I tell The dude that The kid isn't mine and I can give him back broken. He's offended and gets up and gos to his family that includes 3 little boys all happy and joyus. Great. I have been at the park for 30 mins and pissed off 1 child and 1 adult male age unknown. Again another record I can be proud of. Sam sees him leave and crys his head off again. I just watch him. His parents return and I feel like a failure. I'm a teacher, kids are suposed to like me but fear me when they are older. Register and vanessa make excuses like, he's tired, or cranky. But when I try to interact with him an hour latter, as soon as he sees me he crys. The kid hates me.











The next day we head into the park and get our spot for fansama. I have never seen the show cuz when we go with ashley she's usually crying or tired and we have to go. so this time we were going to see it no matter what. It was great. I loved it and right after were the fireworks. always awsome. We noticed an unusually large ammont of goths at the park. I happen to be an avid goth music fan so I don't think anythin g of it. However when your in a child's park dressed like one of of the undead, expect a few stares. I saw a lot of guys in skirts, no, not kilts mind you fluffy skirts. Okay so I'm used to that I live near s.f. no big deal. But then I saw her.....she was wearing yarn for hair and I think a wash cloth for a skirt. her butt cheeks were hanging out! I had to say something I just had to. She was in the smoking section (my favorite ride in the park) and I said :"My, your out fit is great! It looks waaaay better on you thank my mom." She looked mortified and quicky left, I saw her later on at the peterpan ride donning a pair of black sweat pants. Nice.











The following day, Karen and I check out of the hotel. We have some time to burn before we plan to leave for home. We decide to meet up with Register and go into the park. Sam and Vanessa stay home cuz they are sick. But before we go to register's house, Karen and I needed coffee. We found starbucks near our hotel and sit out side and have coffee planning our last day, when we meet Rabecca. Rabecca is a patiant from the drug re-hab center down the street. She apparently got a day pass and clearly wanted to spend it at starbucks talking to strangers about the dangers of organised religion, goverment, he mofia, housing shortages, rent hikes and the many many people who take up rsidents in her head. I have met a lot of crazies in my life time, heck I have dated most of em, but this was a whole new crazy. I was impressed enough to stay there longer than planned. I couldn't leave, I wanted to know what she would say next and as an added bonus she talked about herself in a third person contex. "Rebecca doesn't have time to give a statment to the police." "Rabecca keeps her legs closed." (thats good cuz shes' the last person who needs to breed) I happen to be a big fan of people who talk about themselves in 3rd person. I enjoy it a lot. I enjoyed Rabecca. She was messy and unkempt and spat a lot when she spoke. she had all the makings of a great crack head. I was under her spell. karen tried so hard to contain her laughter. I was doing a great job of not laughing, I honestly didn't laugh mostly out of fear that one of her personalities may be able to kill me with the spork she was holding. So I kept smiling and agreeing with her. Then I get a text from Register :"where are you guys?" I return the text "we are at starbucks, be there soon." I get a text from register again."starbucks!? It's Monday! watch out for Rabecca!" I reply, "too late." I tell Rabecca that we had to go, and that I am a secret agent and I have to get to work on a meth bust thats happening around the corner. She salutes me and we go to Register's house with the agreement that if ither one of us gets to see Rabecca ever again, we make sure to get her picture.











We drove home later that night. we made it home in 5 hours again and crashed at my house. here are a few pics enjoy:
This is Sam. he hates me.
This is what it looks like to have karen drive, I belive this was 109 m.p.h
yes, I did. I had my pic taken with Jasmine, she's my favorite princess.
inside the haunted mansion ride.
The haunted mansion decorated for x-mas
the wife and I excited to be at disneyland...LOL
sportin' my ears even in the hotel room LOL
Vanessa, Register and Sam
me and Register.
the ship that peter pan and captin hook are on.
splash moutain...yeah not going on this one EVER!

No comments: