Sunday, January 25, 2009

more insight to my insanity






Seriously it's been a crazy weekend. Usually I thrive on the dorky action I manage to get myself into, but Im beat. Thursday I get a phone call from a private number. It's can only be one of three people I know. My mom, Natalia or my ex, Johnny who apparently isn't done trying to mess with my head (like I'm not in a constant state of p.m.s to begin with.) I answer the phone and low and behold, it's Nate. We talk for a 1/2 hour or so. We caught up on eacher other's families and friends as well as work. Now he works for U.P.S so yeah hes employed. (Nice) The whole conversation was spent on avoiding the subject of recenciliation. We also avoided asking eachother if we were seeing anyone or had a boyfriend/girlfriend. I never bothered to explain Dale's visit with me and my parents to the coffee shop to add to his disconfort. He mentioned that we should hang out and maybe grab coffee sometime so I told him to let me know when he had the time. We left it at that and hung up. I have to admit I was kinda thrilled he called and I did miss his voice. But it also adds to the dramtic dynamics that is my "love" life. Almost like he knows the most inconveniant time to call me.





Friday was pretty fun. It was d.j. Elisa's birthday and she had arranged for a ton of her friends to eat at a nice restraunt. Natalia and I tend to tey to stick with a theme when we go out and dress in the 50's style. our hair is frizzy so it works well for us. LOL Plus it's an excuse to wear the most obnoxiously bright red lipstick we own. And I get to wear my dork glasses and not feel like...well a dork. Dinner was lavishly overdone. it started with bread, then soup, then salad, then anti pasta, then regular pasta, then the waitress came to take our order for out main dish. Really, I just ate enough food to feed the olson twins for the rest of their lives and now this crazy waitress whats me to order food!? so we get the smallest thing on the meneu, raviolies. After we ate that we started to open our wallets thinking it was over and we could go home and pass out from food coma, but no, now the waitress brings us icecream. Then Elisa annouces that we were to all meet her at the Lost weekend bar and lounge for drinks.....*burp* Yeah, I demanded to go home first and change into a baggy jeans and a sweater. I was beyond stuffed. Natalia, rodrigo and I piled into the car and went to the lost weekend for more birthday shananagins.


Saturday I woke up relly late because of Elisa's Birthday party. I went out to feed all the kittahs, and I heard the saddest meow I had ever heard. And scocks, The little black kittah with the white feet drug himself out of the kittah house my dad built. He smelled like vomit and couldn't meow right and his back legs wernt working and she was shaking. I tried giving him food and water but he didn't touch it. I called mom to come help me. I dodn't know what to do. I 'm not a cat person per say, so I don't know if I would hurt him if I picked him up to help or what. Mom came over and swooped him up and he smelled awful. he was coated in vomit. So she gave him a warm bath to clan him up and to warm him because he was shivering. Then we put him in a basket in a towel next to the heater. Mom stayed next to him and kept petting him to confort him. About five mins later he took a last breath and died. Mom dug a hole in my little back yard and burried him while I cired on the couch like a baby, making snot bubbles and drooling in agony. Even though I don't like cats it hurt relly bad, because I had been taking care of him since he was born. Mom thinks he ate something bad. I just don't understand, I feed them all fresh food twice a day and fresh water, why would he eat something else? The other kittahs look fine and healthy but now I'm parinoid. when I see them I pick them all up and look at at them to make sure they dont look sick. On a happier note, little grey kittah forgave me and shows up twice a day at my front door and walks right in to be feed and cuddled for a bit.
Saturday night was a little better than the morning. I had to try to put sock's demise in the back of my head and stop crying long enough to perfect the black liquid eyeliner for my date later that night, with the Algerian guy. (David, pronounced Da-Vid) We went out to eat, it's kind of hard to eat with him because he is picky. he doesn't like asian foods because he says they are too sweet for him. He refuses sea food because he says it may not be fresh (hello, we live 10 minits from the ocean dude calm down!) He loves mexican food (as do I) but we did that last saturday. We ended up and Denny's (shocker!) I figured theres a little bit of everything there so we should both be happy. Plus, he's only been in the states for a little over a year, so it's not like he knows all the hot spots in the bay area. He ordered fajitas. I figured it was a safe bet cuz it's mexican food, he should enjoy it. It was breakfast fajitas so it happend to have sausage and bacon in it. I reading his selection as he ordered it and asked the waitress to omit the sausage and bacon for him. Since he's muslum, he isn't allowed to eat pork. He thanked me for my quick save to his religous belief system. I ordered the super bird cuz it was a turky sandwhich and therefore safe and non offinsive to his religion. I figured I would try to be respectful and not order any pork as well. Our food arrives and I give his the once over and it is pork free. He begins to eat as do I. I take a bite of my super bird silently patting myself on the back for my awsome pork catch a few mins earlier and the fact that this inpressed him so much, when a huge slice of bacon falls out of my sandwhich and slaps my chin as it's 1/2 in and out of my mouth! (ahhhhh!) I'm stuck. he isn't looking and I shove the rest in my mouth hopeing he doesn't ask for a bite. I'm so stuck at this point. I forgot that the sandwhich came with bacon in it. I must have ordered this dish a thousand times, it's my favorite and I'm always at dennys after hauling my drunken friends all over the city. How could I forget this inportant peice of knowledge?! We are trying to have a conversation, as I am trying to hide the porky goodness that is hiding within my sinful sandwhich. Oh yes, I said porky goodness....I love sausage, it's delightful, I adore bacon, the crisper the better. a fat pork chop slathered in mashed potatoes is a dream and honestly who wants a flippin salad with out bacon bits? I mean really? I was just thinking that I earned major karma points for making sure he didn't eat pork and now I am chowing down on the yummiest bacon filled sandwhich in the world. I don't know if I ended up canceling out my karma points. He reaches for my plate (gasps!) and grabs a french fry (sigh) that was close. I want to savor my porky goodness sandwhich, but feel the need to eat quickly before he finds out. I planned to let him kiss me later, would he go to the muslum version of hell if his lips and mine touched and I had consumed the un-holy animal? Have I put his inmortal soul in danger of the fires of hell? Do the muslums even have a hell? I mean girls get stonned in most muslum countires if ther ankle is exposed or their hair shows, is Algeria like that? crap! I didn't do enough research before the second date. I just know the flag is green and white, (double crap). It's an internal struggle that poor David has no idea I'm having, all he sees is the facial expressions crossing my face as I debate and argue with myself trying to decide if I should eat and enjoy, eat and confess or eat and stay quiet. (notice not eating the porky goodness wasen't an option I was willing to consider) David asks me: "what is wrong mon cherie?" My reply: "uhhh what?" (good save yeah I know) He says: "your face...is no...how you say....smiling and happy, you no like your food?" I decide to confess. I told him. I hung my head and told him that I fogot that what I ordered would contain bacon and I had been trying to hide it from him out of respect, but I am sorry for not telling him and offending him in any way. I told him that I am soooo sorry and I wanted him to kiss me tonight but understand if he can't. David puts down his fork and isn't smiling (I already screwed up the second date, not my record, but inpressive non the less.) he leans over the table grabs my face and gives me a big kiss on the lips. (boo, he still has cooties, had to use mouth wash when I got home) I am slightly shocked that He kissed me even though I ate pork. He smiles and says: "Your are not muslum, I don't expect you to follow our rules. I will kiss you over a whole pig if you wish me to." Then he picks up his fork and begins to eat again. Our first kiss is over bacon at Dennys.....not what I expected, not how I planned it, not how i imagined it .....but cute. We smile like dorks for the rest of the meal and I got to enjoy my porky goodness guilt free. (I'm so screwed if I try dating a Jewish guy) After dinner we go To Natalia's house to borrow the movie Amelie I figured it was in french (so he would understand) and it has english sub-titles (so I understand) and I love that movie and only have it on VHS. (i'm old school like that). Natalia meets him and he kisses her hand. Usually Natalia scares men but she giggled like a dork. We get back to my house and I make coffee while David washes up. we put the movie in and have a great time watching it cuddled up on the couch. I got a few more kisses (mouth wash Boo!) and we laughed at the movie. I wasn't watching the clock at all and the movie was about 2 hours long. By the time it was finished, it was almost 1:45 a.m! the last bart train to get David home is at 2:00 a.m. we rush to get his jacket and his shoes back on and my shoes too and run out the door and hop into the car. The train station is only 5 mins away so we can make it as long as I hit green lights. I'm almost there and we get stopped by a freight train that had no ending. (ahhhhhhh!) the train passes and the gard rails are stuck down and wont rise. the whole world is against me. I finally get him to the station at 2:08 a.m. he runs out the car and gets into the station. He almost hits the stairs to get up to the train and it leaves with a little beep beep sound. I see the train leave He was only 10 feet away from it. The workers were starting to close the gates. I'm watching all this wondering what he will do. Will he call me to get him or will he not call me and just stand there all night. I watch him get his phone out and put it back about 4 times. Never once calling. My heart breaks. I can't let him stay the night in the ghetto. He would be shot for sure. I call his phone and he answers. I ask him if he made it on the train to see if he would lie to me. He says no. I asked him what he is going to do and he is just quiet. I hang up on him. and get out of the car and yell and wave at him. He just smiles and runs to my car. I told him to get in and I took him back home. I made him a bed on my couch. And he fell asleep watching the food network. I went upstairs and washed my face off and got into my granny jammies and went to bed. I woke up around 8:00. I came downstairs forgetting David spent the night. So there I am standing at the foot of my stairs, no make-up, in ugly granny jammies compleate with dragon breath and eye crusties. (sexy) David jumps up and kisses me saying good morning. I almost peed. I made him breakfsat of salsa scrambled eggs and tortillas (hey I have only been married to mexicans) I took him to the bart station and dropped him off soon after.

(Me and David watching a movie on my couch.)


And sunday I went to coffee with my parents and came home. That was my week. Hope you guys had a good one. Love you guys!

4 comments:

Kelsey-boo said...

i'm sorry about the little socks...at least he was comfortable right? you made me laugh so hard with the whole david thing that's great. you should write a book or something. anyway at least he doesn't care about morning breath that's a good sign right??

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

awww thanks Boo. Socks was a sweet cat. I don't need to write a book, theres an auther named louri notaro that write about her dating life and it pretty much mirriors mine. LOL And I am also glad that morning breath doesn't bother David. Even though I forgot he was there. LOL

Britt said...

Wow what a weekend! Action packed, drama, car chase (sort of), and romance!

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

for real! LOL